Saturday 19 May 2012

Breakfast at Harolds


A couple of days ago, my friend Lovella texted me saying she’s going to spend the weekend here in Cebu to visit her friends. So I replied, “ Let’s have breakfast together on Saturday!” to which she gladly agreed.
So the minute she arrived, she went straight to the office to meet me. We were joined by our friend Hearty which happened to have ended her shift too. We went to Harolds Hotel for their breakfast buffet at Php 250.00 per person.





We had to wait for a couple of minutes before we got a table because we didn’t make reservations (oops! I forgot that we had to). Luckily, we were there early and there weren’t a lot of people waiting to get a table.
 Anyway, here’s what I had for breakfast:



Fried rice with bits of vegetables, chicken tocino, hotdog, ham and a pancake.

I’m sorry to say but the chicken tocino was not at all tasty. It wasn’t well marinated and was dry. The pancake however was soft, fluffy and yummy. Exactly the way a pancake should be. J




fried rice with bits of vegetables

ham
sausages


the salad bar



Ah..the salad bar. I was not a fan of eating raw vegetables until lately. I had a serving of these. Mostly it was just lettuce and carrots..haha! I hate cucumber. J  I had a bit of each of the salad dressings they served. I liked the Caesar dressing, the Thousand Island, not so much.




corn and choco flakes



 bread and pastries






mmmm..the soft and fluffy pancakes.  J 


the omelet station

I loooove omelettes! I had mine with bell peppers, ham, onions, mushrooms and lots of cheese!


Lovella's third plate: lettuce, carrots, cucumber, croutons and a slice of pineapple.




Lovella. J



fish fillet

I also had a piece of fish fillet. It was okay, it tasted right but the sauce was surprisingly good. Just the right mixture of soy sauce, vinegar and lots of different spices.



The amazing Maja Blanca. J





This was the highlight of my meal. The maja blanca. It’s a thick, sweet coconut-flavored pudding with toasted coconut on top. I’m not a fan of this dessert but Hearty encouraged me to try it. She said it tasted like ube ice cream. And good heavens, it did! It was creamy, but not too sweet and just like M & M’s, it melts in your mouth! I would have gotten myself another piece, unfortunately I was too stuffed.


And by the way, this may probably be uninteresting, but I’ll say it anyway J, just before we left, Zanjoe Marudo, Rayver Cruz, Matteo Guidicelli and a comedian (don’t know his name. Sorry) came to eat their breakfast at Harolds. Here’s a picture of Lovella and Hearty with Zanjoe and the comedian.















Anyway, there were lots of other food  that we didn't get to take a picture. In fact, I was too shy to go around the buffet table to take pictures of each dish. Hearty was sweet enough to do it for me. Thanks Heart ! They had vegetable dishes and crisp, juicy bacon. Now the question is, would I go back for their breakfast buffet? Definitely. Would I recommend this place to my friends? Sure. Overall rating? Three and a half stars out of five.




submitted by: D

No comments:

Post a Comment